- Don't comment on how they look or seem to you
- Don't comment on changes to their appearance
- Don't make 'knowledgeable' comments about treatment
- Don't make comparisons to someone else with cancer
- Don't claim to understand their feelings
- Don't say it's "only" a kind of cancer that may be considered "better" by some
- Don't ever say "don't worry"
Beloved Foundation exists to support caregivers of loved ones with cancer in their journey. Reach out for information on how we may be able to help.
Seven things NOT to say to someone who has been diagnosed with cancer